Friday, March 19, 2010

Testing AdWords

Well, I've decided to try AdWords to see if that helps better drive traffic I'm looking for (that is, people who are looking for dating advice). I'm setting a very small budget and will try it for a month or two depending on how far my investment goes.

I created one campaign with two ad groups. In the first group I'm targeting people looking for dating advice and in the second I'm targeting shy people who are looking for dating advice. I've never really marketed myself as "advice for the shy", but as a shy person I did have to overcome quite a bit of my own anxiety as well as a lot of bad advice written for shy people by other people who only understand shyness to the degree that they've read about it.

My campaign has been running for an hour now and only has 14 views and 0 clicks so I'll be trying to add some more keywords today. I went light on the keywords because I wanted a very particular audience but between my low budget and my target audience I'm just not seeing enough opportunity. We'll see how things go over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment