Friday, March 12, 2010

Initial Results of Yesterday's Yahoo! Answers

Well, my different approach yesterday with including links in my post instead of just in the source has resulted in additional traffic (very small but it's still there). However, there was one thing I didn't expect but probably should have: the only ones generating traffic are those where I was voted as the best answer.

This is what seems to be happening: I offer an honest answer in an attempt to really help the person and each time talk about a post where I discussed the same issue. The person who asked the question does not look at my website but they still vote me as the best answer. Other people then come along and see me as the best answer and assume that part of the reason the "asker" voted me the best is do to my posts so they come to my site.

So from my test yesterday, to generate any traffic I will need to a) have the best answer and b) get more people to view the question after it has been answered. Not what I expected but I'll take it. Hey, I like being voted the best answer anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment