Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Commenting at Other Dating Blogs

Today’s SEO hour was very simple: finding other dating blogs and then commenting on them. Most comment systems provide a nofollow link back to your site. In theory, they shouldn’t help Google results but might send more traffic if people like you comment. In some ways, it’s a lot like Yahoo! Answers.

I eventually found five dating advice blogs and will continue to comment at these sites semi-regularly. I thought most of them were offering great advice although the most popular one among them seemed to offer advice I disagreed with. But perhaps generating controversial content was part of the secret to their success.

I also submitted an article on 10 Dating Profile Heading for Software Developers to StumbleUpon and Reddit (I’d already submitted this article to Digg some time ago).

With several days behind me in these hour sessions, I haven’t seen any real direct traffic from any of this work. None from Yahoo! Answers or my comments or my Squidoo article. Not that I was expecting much, but that’s where I stand today. I have seen my unique visitor traffic increase by between 10% and 20% over the last few days but we’ll see if that lasts.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Article. I’d add “Not changing default table prefix” to the list. It’s an extremely easy way to reduce a lot of risks.
    visit us webmail :http://www.bestinterracialdatingsites.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Article. I’d add “Not changing default table prefix” to the list. It’s an extremely easy way to reduce a lot of risks.
    visit us webmail :http://www.bestinterracialdatingsites.com/

    ReplyDelete